For centuries Bitter Melon has been used in Asian medicine to treat various ailments like digestive issues, psoriasis, cancer and diabetes. The most significant health benefit has to do with diabetes. The plant produces a bovine like insulin and has been shown to help with blood sugars levels.
Recent studies show Bitter Melon making a significant difference in the treatment of diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, high cholesterol, kidney stones, psoriasis, and cancers.
This vegetable is rich in a number of vitamins and minerals. It is
loaded with potassium and vitamins A, C, B1 and B3, calcium and iron along with more beta carotene then broccoli. And, let’s not forget the fiber.
- antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory
- cleanses the blood
- kills some cancer cells
- bitter taste stimulates digestion, helpful with sluggish digestion, dyspepsia, and constipation
- weight loss
Boost the benefit of bitter melon even more by combining it with green tea. Check out the post on bitter melon and green tea, then use this safe link to get it – TRY IT NOW!
Note: Bitter Melon has also been found to have abortive properties; pregnant women should use consult a doctor before consuming it in excessive amounts.
Get a 0.5 oz sample of Organic Bitter Melon Powder for only $1.98 Free Shipping.
Pumpkin seeds – if you have tried them you know that they are a delicious treat. Did you know they also provide many health benefits?
Here are ten:
1. Prostate Protection – They promote overall prostate health and alleviate the difficult urination associated with enlarged prostate. Men should eat a handful of pumpkin seeds every day. They work as prevention as well as treatment.
2. Improved Bladder Function – Studies show that pumpkin seed extracts improved bladder function.
3. Depression Treatment – Pumpkin sees contain L-tryptophan, a compound naturally effective against depression.
4. Prevention of Osteoporosis – Pumpkin seeds are a natural protector against osteoporosis, because they are high in zinc. Studies show that low intake of zinc is linked to higher rates of osteoporosis.
5. Natural Anti-Inflammatory – Pumpkin seeds reduce inflammation effectively without the side effects of anti-inflammatory drugs.
6. Prevention of Kidney Stones – Studies show that pumpkin seeds prevent calcium oxalate kidney stone formation.
7. Treatment of Parasites – Many cultures use pumpkin seeds as a natural treatment for tapeworms and other parasites. Studies have also shown them to be effective against acute schistosomiasis, a parasite contracted from snails.
8. Good Source of Magnesium – Only 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds contains 92% of your daily value of magnesium. Studies show that most Americans are deficient of this important mineral.
9. Lower Cholesterol Naturally – Pumpkin seeds contain phytosterols, which are compounds that have shown to reduce levels of LDL cholesterol.
10. Cancer Prevention – Studies show that the same phytosterols that lower cholesterol also protect against many cancers.
Posted in Cholesterol Lowering Remedies, Easy All Natural Fixes, For Better Health, Men's Health
Tagged anti-inflammatory, bladder, cancer, depression, food, health, kidney stones, magnesium, medicine, natural, osteoporosis, parasites, prostate, pumpkin seeds, zinc
Celery is a valuable food for those who are prone to stone formation in the gall bladder or kidneys. Regular use prevents stone formation.
You need: 2 tablespoons of celery seeds, 1 pint ( 500 ml) of brandy
Steep the bruised celery seeds in the brandy.
Take 1 tablespoon of the infused brandy, mixed with 2 tablespoons of water, three times daily. (For adult use only)