Turmeric has been used in recipes and as Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years. It has both anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties, and therefore offers many health benefits. It can be used to relieve swelling and pain due to headaches and small wounds and has been called ‘natural aspirin’ in Ayurvedic medicine. When applied to small cuts and wounds, its anti-bacterial properties can stem blood flow by aiding with blood clotting, preventing infections and healing wounds. Combined with milk, turmeric is used as a drink, lotion or even a face mask.
Turmeric Milk is very soothing and has many potential health benefits:
- bone health and arthritis relief, Turmeric is known to help people suffering from joint pains.
- anti-oxidants, Turmeric milk helps fights free radicals that damage skin. In addition to drinking it, Turmeric milk face masks can improve skin’s glow and elasticity.
- relieves cough, sore throat and cold. (I find turmeric milk tastes better than any other medication for this, and I have noticed that the recurrence of cold & cough has decreased.) Use almond or other types of milk when treating cough or cold, as regular milk can increase mucus in the body.)
- treats diarrhea and indigestion. Use low-fat milk for this, because high fat milk can aggravate diarrhea.
- makes a soothing mask or lotion to reduce redness of skin or patches.
- works as a great general body detox. Taking it daily can help in blood purification and liver detox. A healthy liver is so important to avoid sever health problems.
- is said to slow progress of Alzheimer’s disease and lower risk of various types of cancer
Turmeric Milk does so much good and is very easy to make:
First, you can easily substitute regular milk for almond milk, or any other type of your choice. (I regularly use almond or soy milk. Lactose intolerance need not stand in your way of enjoying the goodness of Turmeric Milk.)
Heat 8 oz of milk to almost boiling (do not boil the milk). Add 1 teaspoon of powdered turmeric, stir, let it cool a little, and enjoy. I always add a spoonful of honey for my sweet-tooth. So good.
If you prefer to use turmeric root instead of powder: heat a 1/2 to 1 inch piece of turmeric in 8 oz of milk for about 15 minutes to almost boiling. Strain out the turmeric, let it cool a little, and enjoy.
To change things up, few peppercorns can be added along with ginger, especially when treating cold. Peppercorns are said to improve absorption of turmeric by the body.
For Turmeric Face Mask or Wash: take ¼ cup of whole milk and add ½ teaspoon ground turmeric. Soak a clean wash-cloth in the mixture and apply to affected skin. Leave on for 10 minutes before washing off.
Pregnant women should not to use turmeric unless cleared by their physician. Normally turmeric in food is safe. It is, however, like ginger, a natural blood thinner, those who require surgery must stop taking any form of turmeric – food or supplements a couple of weeks before surgery. Also, it can react with diabetic medication and medication taken to reduce stomach acid. Please speak to your physician.
Get a 0.5 oz sample for only $1.98 Free Shipping.
Posted in Arthritis Relief, Cancer, Cold Remedies, Easy All Natural Fixes, For Better Health, Healthy Hair and Skin, Liver Detox, Simple Truths
Tagged anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, arthritis relief, bone health, cold remedies, diarrhea, healthy skin, liver detox, turmeric
Moringa Oleifera is an incredible energy boosting, nutrient dense, weight loss and antioxidant superfood.
It has all essential amino acids, beneficial fats and omega oils, rich amounts of calcium, iron and many other vital minerals, as well as a wide variety and copious amounts of vitamins, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory substances but very few calories to it.
To get your own fast growing Moringa Oleifera tree just highlight and right-click this safe link: http://bit.ly/1n2O4wc
Posted in Arthritis Relief, Cholesterol Lowering Remedies, Cold Remedies, Easy All Natural Fixes, For Better Health, Healthy Hair and Skin, Heart Health, Improve Mood Naturally, Liver Detox, Men's Health, Weight Loss
Tagged antioxidants, essential amino acids, incredible energy, moringa, nutrient dense, vitamins and minerals, weight loss
The Indian Gooseberry, or Amla, is considered a sacred tree in its native India. The fruit is sour, but very nourishing. It is consumed for its health benefits both dried and as fresh fruit. Amla provides remedies for many diseases. It is extremely rich in Vitamin C, and contains many minerals and vitamins like Calcium, Phosphorus, Iron, Carotene and Vitamin B Complex. Amla is a powerful antioxidant agent as well, which makes gooseberries a powerful tool against a variety of conditions, including various types of cancer.
Health benefits of Amla include:
- Hair care: it strengthens the roots of hair, maintains color, and improves luster, has been shown to reduce hair loss and baldness.
- Eye Care: Gooseberry with honey is good for improving eyesight, studies have shown it to improve nearsightedness and cataracts, while reducing intra-ocular tension.
- Calcium Absorption: a less discussed benefits of Amla is how it helps the body absorb Calcium, an essential component of our bones, teeth, and nails, and beautiful lustrous hair.
- Menstrual Cramps: consume Alma on a regular basis and the minerals and vitamins accrue in the body to help prevent menstrual cramps every month for women.
- Diabetes: contains chromium, which has therapeutic value for diabetic patients, Indian Gooseberry stimulates the secretion of the hormone insulin, thereby reducing blood sugar in diabetic patients and keeping their body balanced and healthy. When blood sugar is reduced, glucose is also being used by the cells as functional energy, so the metabolism is stronger and you have more energy, without the plunges and spikes in blood sugar that are so dangerous. Chromium also enhances the effect of beta blockers used for heart health, by reducing the LDL cholesterol content of the body.
- Diuretic Activity: very high in water, Amla is slightly diuretic, which helps the body eliminate unwanted toxins and excess levels of water, salts, and uric acid. It helps keeping kidneys healthy, and preventing urinary infections and uterine infections.
- Digestion: very high in fiber, like most fruits, it helps food move through the bowels and keeps your bowel movements regular. Fiber can also bulk up loose stools and reduce diarrhea, stimulates the secretion of gastric and digestive juices, so nutrients are absorbed in an optimal way, plus you feel lighter and healthier. Preventing constipation can help protect from various gastrointestinal disorders, even colorectal cancer!
- Heart Disease: strengthens the heart muscles so the heart pumps blood smoothly throughout the body, reduces excess cholesterol buildup, and therefore chances of atherosclerosis, or plaque buildup in the vessels and arteries, meaning it can reduce the chances of strokes and heart attacks. The iron content in Amla promotes creation of new red blood cells, increasing circulation and the oxygenation of organs and cells for maximum regeneration of tissue, while keeping the blood vessels and arteries clean.
- Infection: both antibacterial and astringent Indian Gooseberries protects the body against infection and improves the body’s immune response, a great source of vitamin C, with impressive antioxidant abilities to stimulate the immune system.
- Improving Appetite: consume Gooseberry powder with butter and honey before a meal to improve appetite. It also helps balance nitrogen levels, thereby increasing weight in a healthy way.
- Anti-Aging: Amla reduces free radicals in the body, which are associated with signs of aging like wrinkles and age spots.Indian Gooseberry, or Amla is also used as a remedy for fever, liver disorder, indigestion, anemia, urinary problems, respiratory problems, cerebral, gastric and cardiovascular illness. It lowers cholesterol levels, increases red blood cell production, and strengthens teeth and nails. Amla can mean big improvement in your health.
You can get it at: http://www.weh.net/indian-gooseberry-amla-powder/
Get a 0.5 oz sample of Organic Indian Gooseberry for only $1.98 Free Shipping.
March 12, 2014 in Cholesterol Lowering Remedies, Cold Remedies, Easy All Natural Fixes, For Better Health, Healthy Hair and Skin, Heart Health
Tagged Amla, antioxidant, cholesterol, free radicals, heart health, Indian Gooseberry
Rosemary is a well-known herb with its needle-like leaves, and aromatic scent. Most people know and love it in the kitchen, but did you know how valuable it is for healthy hair and scalp? Well, the secret is out. Here is a brief list of this wonderful herb’s uses and benefits to hair and scalp:
- it gently cleanses hair due to the antibacterial quality of Rosemary
- increases shine
- fights premature graying
- stimulates and improves circulation to the scalp encouraging hair growth
- relieves irritated, dry, flaky, dandruff scalps
Rosemary can be used fresh or dried. If you have an abundance of fresh rosemary, you can always dry it and save for later in a tight lid jar.
As simple as a cup of tea and oh so wonderful to use on your hair and scalp as a: cleansing rinse, treatment to increase shine, prevent those premature gray hairs, treat dandruff and scalp irritation.
Simply boil water, remove from heat and add your rosemary to the water. Allow
to steep for 15-30mins, then sift out the leaves. What’s left is wonderfully infused rosemary water. Use externally on your hair and scalp. DO NOT RINSE OUT! As you rinse your hair and scalp, treat yourself to an invigorating scalp massage.
It’s going to be a good hair day.
Get a 0.5 oz sample of Organic Rosemary for only $1.98 Free Shipping.
Rosemary is a popular Mediterranean herb used to flavor many soups, sauces, and meat dishes. For centuries, Rosemary has also been used as a remedy for a variety of ailments.
- Cancer Prevention – studies of its efficacy against breast cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer, leukemia, and skin cancer show promising results.
- Improved Memory – research found that rosemary contains carnosic acid that has neuroprotective properties believed to protect against Alzheimer’s disease and normal memory loss that happens with aging. In tests, even the smell of rosemary has been found to improve memory.
- Improved Mood – the same study that found that smelling rosemary improved the memory of test subjects also found that their mood was significantly improved.
- Pain Relief – a popular natural migraine remedy for centuries: boil rosemary in a large pot of water and pour into a bowl, place a towel over your head and lean over the pot to inhale the steam for about 10 minutes. Essential oil of rosemary can be applied topically as a treatment for arthritis, sore muscles, and other joint and muscle pains.
- Anti-Inflammatory – Rosemary contains two potent anti-inflammatories, carnosic acid and carnosol. Studies found that they inhibit an enzyme that causes pain and inflammation in the body, as well as the production of excess nitric oxide, which also plays a role in the inflammatory process.
- Immune Boost – thanks to antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-carcinogenic properties Rosemary can boost not only the immune system but the overall health of the body, and heal in so many ways.
- Antibacterial – studies show Rosemary’s powerful antibacterial properties effective against bacteria that cause stomach ulcers and Staph infections.
- Improve Digestive Health – often used to help treat digestive problems like upset stomach, constipation, indigestion, and much more. Also helps prevent food-borne illnesses when ingested with foods such as meat or eggs.
- Healthy Scalp and Hair– use as hair oil or rinse to stimulate hair growth, improve shine, and get rid of flakes.
- Freshens Breath – can be used as a natural mouthwash: steep fresh rosemary in a pint of heated water, strain and use as a mouth rinse as often as you like. Keep in the fridge, covered.
- Diuretic – can help get rid of bloating and water retention. When used regularly, it may help increase urine flow, kidneys function at optimal levels to get rid of excess water in the body.
- Respiratory Health – the scent of the essential oil may help with congestion due to colds, allergies, respiratory infections, and the flu. Boil fresh rosemary in a pot of water, place it in a bowl, and breathe in the steam to help clear the lungs and throat, relieve sinus or head pain associated with respiratory conditions.
- Detox the Liver – used to treat liver problems for hundreds of years, studies found that rosemary extract reduces cirrhosis, a compound that is toxic to the liver.
- Anti-Aging – a popular ingredient in anti-aging skin creams because it helps reduce puffiness, stimulates cell regeneration, increases firmness, and improves overall skin tone. Rosemary is a natural anti-inflammatory and increases blood flow to the skin.
Precautions: Rosemary is considered safe with no side effects. However, pregnant women should avoid consuming large amounts because it may lead to uterine contractions and miscarriage. Since it may raise blood pressure, people with high blood pressure should not take rosemary.
Get a 0.5 oz sample of Organic Rosemary for only $1.98 Free Shipping.
Posted in Arthritis Relief, Cold Remedies, For Better Health, Healthy Hair and Skin, Herbs, Improve Mood Naturally, Kidney Health, Liver Detox, Pain Relief
Tagged anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, arthritis relief, bad breath, cancer prevention, cold, cough, detox liver, flu, food, hair, health, improve mood, medicine, memory, migraine remedy, Pain Relief, rosemary, scalp
Red palm oil has been used for over 5000 years, for nutritional as well as medicinal purposes. In Egypt, red palm oil was revered and considered a sacred food. It is rich in vitamins, antioxidants and phytonutrients that are essential for good health. Its dark red color comes from of a compound called carotene that also gives carrots and tomatoes their color.
This is how red palm oil can help with your overall health, skin and hair:
1. Carotenes, powerful antioxidants, are converted into vitamin A by the body, for eye health, strong bones, immunity, prevention of Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, macular degeneration, arthritis, cataract, osteoporosis, liver disease, and asthma.
2. High in vitamin E. Eliminates free radicals from the body, a cause for several diseases including various cancers. Overnight face mask helps keep skin fresh and younger looking. Can give relief from psoriasis and eczema. Conditions dry hair, helps prevent hair loss
3. Red palm oil retains its nutrients when heated and is therefore popular as cooking oil.
4. Can remove plaque in arteries, bring down cholesterol levels, and stabilize blood pressure levels.
A tablespoon a day helps to keep your problems away.
Posted in Arthritis Relief, Cholesterol Lowering Remedies, For Better Health, Healthy Hair and Skin, Heart Health
Tagged arthritis relief, blood pressure levels, cholesterol, food, health, healthy hair, healthy skin, heart health, pure, red palm oil, sacred food, unrefined