Yerba Mate Tea
Offers the “strength of coffee, the health benefits of tea, and the euphoria of chocolate” all in one beverage.
- An energy boost that is gentle, clean, and calm
- Better thinking, memory, productivity, mood
- High concentration of vitamins and minerals in each serving (A, C, B1, B2, B3, B5, E, calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, sodium, sulfur, zinc)
- Stimulant, overall tonic, general nerve tonic for pain, fatigue, and depression
- Relief for Allergies and Sinusitis
- Cut appetite and aids in weight loss
- Boost to the immune system
- Help treating constipation, diarrhea, and indigestion
- Builds strong bones
- Helps keep the heart healthy, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties protect the heart and cardiovascular system.
- The theobromine in mate relaxes blood vessels allowing for better blood flow
Posted in Arthritis Relief, Cancer, Easy All Natural Fixes, For Better Health, Heart Health, Improve Mood Naturally, Pain Relief, Simple Truths, Uncategorized, Weight Loss
Tagged anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antioxidants, arthritis relief, cancer, diarrhea, digestion, food, health, inflammation, memory, nutrient dense, Pain Relief, stomach, tea, vitamins and minerals, weight loss
Turmeric has been used in recipes and as Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years. It has both anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties, and therefore offers many health benefits. It can be used to relieve swelling and pain due to headaches and small wounds and has been called ‘natural aspirin’ in Ayurvedic medicine. When applied to small cuts and wounds, its anti-bacterial properties can stem blood flow by aiding with blood clotting, preventing infections and healing wounds. Combined with milk, turmeric is used as a drink, lotion or even a face mask.
Turmeric Milk is very soothing and has many potential health benefits:
- bone health and arthritis relief, Turmeric is known to help people suffering from joint pains.
- anti-oxidants, Turmeric milk helps fights free radicals that damage skin. In addition to drinking it, Turmeric milk face masks can improve skin’s glow and elasticity.
- relieves cough, sore throat and cold. (I find turmeric milk tastes better than any other medication for this, and I have noticed that the recurrence of cold & cough has decreased.) Use almond or other types of milk when treating cough or cold, as regular milk can increase mucus in the body.)
- treats diarrhea and indigestion. Use low-fat milk for this, because high fat milk can aggravate diarrhea.
- makes a soothing mask or lotion to reduce redness of skin or patches.
- works as a great general body detox. Taking it daily can help in blood purification and liver detox. A healthy liver is so important to avoid sever health problems.
- is said to slow progress of Alzheimer’s disease and lower risk of various types of cancer
Turmeric Milk does so much good and is very easy to make:
First, you can easily substitute regular milk for almond milk, or any other type of your choice. (I regularly use almond or soy milk. Lactose intolerance need not stand in your way of enjoying the goodness of Turmeric Milk.)
Heat 8 oz of milk to almost boiling (do not boil the milk). Add 1 teaspoon of powdered turmeric, stir, let it cool a little, and enjoy. I always add a spoonful of honey for my sweet-tooth. So good.
If you prefer to use turmeric root instead of powder: heat a 1/2 to 1 inch piece of turmeric in 8 oz of milk for about 15 minutes to almost boiling. Strain out the turmeric, let it cool a little, and enjoy.
To change things up, few peppercorns can be added along with ginger, especially when treating cold. Peppercorns are said to improve absorption of turmeric by the body.
For Turmeric Face Mask or Wash: take ¼ cup of whole milk and add ½ teaspoon ground turmeric. Soak a clean wash-cloth in the mixture and apply to affected skin. Leave on for 10 minutes before washing off.
Pregnant women should not to use turmeric unless cleared by their physician. Normally turmeric in food is safe. It is, however, like ginger, a natural blood thinner, those who require surgery must stop taking any form of turmeric – food or supplements a couple of weeks before surgery. Also, it can react with diabetic medication and medication taken to reduce stomach acid. Please speak to your physician.
Get a 0.5 oz sample for only $1.98 Free Shipping.
Posted in Arthritis Relief, Cancer, Cold Remedies, Easy All Natural Fixes, For Better Health, Healthy Hair and Skin, Liver Detox, Simple Truths
Tagged anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, arthritis relief, bone health, cold remedies, diarrhea, healthy skin, liver detox, turmeric
The Nopal Cactus, scientifically known as Opuntia Ficus-Indica, grows in the southern areas of North America. It has been used as a food and healing plant for thousands of years. The fruit (cactus fruit), stems and leaves are used as a food substance and as an extract in a multitude of medicinal remedies. The cactus is harvested and dried as a natural supplement. It is used medicinally to help clear the digestive tract, treat hangover, inflammation of the blood vessels near the heart, viral infections, and diarrhea, treat enlarged prostate and high cholesterol, prevent the absorption of insulin into the blood stream, and promote heart and liver health. It is also used as a diet pill to curb hunger pangs. Many have used Nopal cactus as a diet pill. The dried Nopal fibers can swell up to 50 times their dried size. This produces a temporary feeling of fullness. This helps those on a diet to eat less without resorting to chemicals that may have unpleasant side effects.
Nopal cactus is not only high in dietary fiber, niacin, and vitamin B; it is known to be a powerful antioxidant. It is also high in pectin and mucilage. Those are the two main components helping to reduce the glucose absorption in the intestinal tract. Studies link the consumption of Nopal cactus to lower glucose levels in some diabetes patients.
Use this safe link to try nopal cactus powder for yourself – TRY IT NOW!
Diabetic patients using certain medications should consult their physician before using Nopal cactus due to the chance of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), and other adverse effects.
Get a 0.5 oz sample of Organic Nopal Powder for only $1.98 Free Shipping.
January 16, 2013 in Cholesterol Lowering Remedies, Easy All Natural Fixes, For Better Health, Heart Health, Herbs, Men's Health, Weight Loss
Tagged antioxidant, cholesterol, diabetes, diarrhea, fiber, health, heart health, insulin, liver health, low blood sugar, medicine, nopal cactus, weight loss
Ginger contains Gingerol and Shogaol. Studies show that these two compounds calm digestive-tract spasms and relieve nausea better than motion sickness medication.
Ginger has long been used to treat indigestion and diarrhea. Studies show that ginger may help prevent heart disease, diabetes, and help lower blood pressure. Also, ginger tea can help relieve respiratory problems.
Combines well with: rice, pears, relishes, onions, miso soup, sweet potato, pork, coconut, citrus fruit, tea
Here is a safe link to try Ginger Root Powder for yourself – TRY IT NOW!
Get a 0.5 oz sample of Organic Ginger for only $1.98 Free Shipping.
Posted in Easy All Natural Fixes, For Better Health, Heart Health
Tagged diarrhea, digestion, food, geingerol, ginger, heart health, nausea, respiratory, tea
Spearmint is a popular flavor of chewing gum, toothpaste, candy, and more. It appears in cuisines all around the world, and is found in a host of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Spearmint has much of the properties as peppermint, but is milder and therefore good for use with children’s complaints.
Properties: digestive, carminative, antispasmodic, refreshing, mild stimulant, cooling on the skin, expectorant, pain relieve, itch relieve, antiseptic, reduces body odor
- tea to tone and settle the digestive system, relieve indigestion, gas, spasms, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps, motion sickness
- helps tone the liver, intestines, and nervous system
- valuable expectorant in treatment of bronchitis, colds, and flu
- can reduce fever by inducing sweating and cooling the body
- relieves itching when applied as tea compress
- relieves muscle fatigue
- suck on mint candy to relieve mental fatigue
- relieves hiccough
- add to food daily to reduce body odor
Get a 0.5 oz sample of Organic Spearmint for $1.98 Free Shipping.