Yerba Mate Tea
Offers the “strength of coffee, the health benefits of tea, and the euphoria of chocolate” all in one beverage.
- An energy boost that is gentle, clean, and calm
- Better thinking, memory, productivity, mood
- High concentration of vitamins and minerals in each serving (A, C, B1, B2, B3, B5, E, calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, sodium, sulfur, zinc)
- Stimulant, overall tonic, general nerve tonic for pain, fatigue, and depression
- Relief for Allergies and Sinusitis
- Cut appetite and aids in weight loss
- Boost to the immune system
- Help treating constipation, diarrhea, and indigestion
- Builds strong bones
- Helps keep the heart healthy, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties protect the heart and cardiovascular system.
- The theobromine in mate relaxes blood vessels allowing for better blood flow
Posted in Arthritis Relief, Cancer, Easy All Natural Fixes, For Better Health, Heart Health, Improve Mood Naturally, Pain Relief, Simple Truths, Uncategorized, Weight Loss
Tagged anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antioxidants, arthritis relief, cancer, diarrhea, digestion, food, health, inflammation, memory, nutrient dense, Pain Relief, stomach, tea, vitamins and minerals, weight loss
Turmeric has been used in recipes and as Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years. It has both anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties, and therefore offers many health benefits. It can be used to relieve swelling and pain due to headaches and small wounds and has been called ‘natural aspirin’ in Ayurvedic medicine. When applied to small cuts and wounds, its anti-bacterial properties can stem blood flow by aiding with blood clotting, preventing infections and healing wounds. Combined with milk, turmeric is used as a drink, lotion or even a face mask.
Turmeric Milk is very soothing and has many potential health benefits:
- bone health and arthritis relief, Turmeric is known to help people suffering from joint pains.
- anti-oxidants, Turmeric milk helps fights free radicals that damage skin. In addition to drinking it, Turmeric milk face masks can improve skin’s glow and elasticity.
- relieves cough, sore throat and cold. (I find turmeric milk tastes better than any other medication for this, and I have noticed that the recurrence of cold & cough has decreased.) Use almond or other types of milk when treating cough or cold, as regular milk can increase mucus in the body.)
- treats diarrhea and indigestion. Use low-fat milk for this, because high fat milk can aggravate diarrhea.
- makes a soothing mask or lotion to reduce redness of skin or patches.
- works as a great general body detox. Taking it daily can help in blood purification and liver detox. A healthy liver is so important to avoid sever health problems.
- is said to slow progress of Alzheimer’s disease and lower risk of various types of cancer
Turmeric Milk does so much good and is very easy to make:
First, you can easily substitute regular milk for almond milk, or any other type of your choice. (I regularly use almond or soy milk. Lactose intolerance need not stand in your way of enjoying the goodness of Turmeric Milk.)
Heat 8 oz of milk to almost boiling (do not boil the milk). Add 1 teaspoon of powdered turmeric, stir, let it cool a little, and enjoy. I always add a spoonful of honey for my sweet-tooth. So good.
If you prefer to use turmeric root instead of powder: heat a 1/2 to 1 inch piece of turmeric in 8 oz of milk for about 15 minutes to almost boiling. Strain out the turmeric, let it cool a little, and enjoy.
To change things up, few peppercorns can be added along with ginger, especially when treating cold. Peppercorns are said to improve absorption of turmeric by the body.
For Turmeric Face Mask or Wash: take ¼ cup of whole milk and add ½ teaspoon ground turmeric. Soak a clean wash-cloth in the mixture and apply to affected skin. Leave on for 10 minutes before washing off.
Pregnant women should not to use turmeric unless cleared by their physician. Normally turmeric in food is safe. It is, however, like ginger, a natural blood thinner, those who require surgery must stop taking any form of turmeric – food or supplements a couple of weeks before surgery. Also, it can react with diabetic medication and medication taken to reduce stomach acid. Please speak to your physician.
Get a 0.5 oz sample for only $1.98 Free Shipping.
Posted in Arthritis Relief, Cancer, Cold Remedies, Easy All Natural Fixes, For Better Health, Healthy Hair and Skin, Liver Detox, Simple Truths
Tagged anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, arthritis relief, bone health, cold remedies, diarrhea, healthy skin, liver detox, turmeric
Rosemary is a popular Mediterranean herb used to flavor many soups, sauces, and meat dishes. For centuries, Rosemary has also been used as a remedy for a variety of ailments.
- Cancer Prevention – studies of its efficacy against breast cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer, leukemia, and skin cancer show promising results.
- Improved Memory – research found that rosemary contains carnosic acid that has neuroprotective properties believed to protect against Alzheimer’s disease and normal memory loss that happens with aging. In tests, even the smell of rosemary has been found to improve memory.
- Improved Mood – the same study that found that smelling rosemary improved the memory of test subjects also found that their mood was significantly improved.
- Pain Relief – a popular natural migraine remedy for centuries: boil rosemary in a large pot of water and pour into a bowl, place a towel over your head and lean over the pot to inhale the steam for about 10 minutes. Essential oil of rosemary can be applied topically as a treatment for arthritis, sore muscles, and other joint and muscle pains.
- Anti-Inflammatory – Rosemary contains two potent anti-inflammatories, carnosic acid and carnosol. Studies found that they inhibit an enzyme that causes pain and inflammation in the body, as well as the production of excess nitric oxide, which also plays a role in the inflammatory process.
- Immune Boost – thanks to antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-carcinogenic properties Rosemary can boost not only the immune system but the overall health of the body, and heal in so many ways.
- Antibacterial – studies show Rosemary’s powerful antibacterial properties effective against bacteria that cause stomach ulcers and Staph infections.
- Improve Digestive Health – often used to help treat digestive problems like upset stomach, constipation, indigestion, and much more. Also helps prevent food-borne illnesses when ingested with foods such as meat or eggs.
- Healthy Scalp and Hair– use as hair oil or rinse to stimulate hair growth, improve shine, and get rid of flakes.
- Freshens Breath – can be used as a natural mouthwash: steep fresh rosemary in a pint of heated water, strain and use as a mouth rinse as often as you like. Keep in the fridge, covered.
- Diuretic – can help get rid of bloating and water retention. When used regularly, it may help increase urine flow, kidneys function at optimal levels to get rid of excess water in the body.
- Respiratory Health – the scent of the essential oil may help with congestion due to colds, allergies, respiratory infections, and the flu. Boil fresh rosemary in a pot of water, place it in a bowl, and breathe in the steam to help clear the lungs and throat, relieve sinus or head pain associated with respiratory conditions.
- Detox the Liver – used to treat liver problems for hundreds of years, studies found that rosemary extract reduces cirrhosis, a compound that is toxic to the liver.
- Anti-Aging – a popular ingredient in anti-aging skin creams because it helps reduce puffiness, stimulates cell regeneration, increases firmness, and improves overall skin tone. Rosemary is a natural anti-inflammatory and increases blood flow to the skin.
Precautions: Rosemary is considered safe with no side effects. However, pregnant women should avoid consuming large amounts because it may lead to uterine contractions and miscarriage. Since it may raise blood pressure, people with high blood pressure should not take rosemary.
Get a 0.5 oz sample of Organic Rosemary for only $1.98 Free Shipping.
Posted in Arthritis Relief, Cold Remedies, For Better Health, Healthy Hair and Skin, Herbs, Improve Mood Naturally, Kidney Health, Liver Detox, Pain Relief
Tagged anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, arthritis relief, bad breath, cancer prevention, cold, cough, detox liver, flu, food, hair, health, improve mood, medicine, memory, migraine remedy, Pain Relief, rosemary, scalp
Red palm oil has been used for over 5000 years, for nutritional as well as medicinal purposes. In Egypt, red palm oil was revered and considered a sacred food. It is rich in vitamins, antioxidants and phytonutrients that are essential for good health. Its dark red color comes from of a compound called carotene that also gives carrots and tomatoes their color.
This is how red palm oil can help with your overall health, skin and hair:
1. Carotenes, powerful antioxidants, are converted into vitamin A by the body, for eye health, strong bones, immunity, prevention of Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, macular degeneration, arthritis, cataract, osteoporosis, liver disease, and asthma.
2. High in vitamin E. Eliminates free radicals from the body, a cause for several diseases including various cancers. Overnight face mask helps keep skin fresh and younger looking. Can give relief from psoriasis and eczema. Conditions dry hair, helps prevent hair loss
3. Red palm oil retains its nutrients when heated and is therefore popular as cooking oil.
4. Can remove plaque in arteries, bring down cholesterol levels, and stabilize blood pressure levels.
A tablespoon a day helps to keep your problems away.
Posted in Arthritis Relief, Cholesterol Lowering Remedies, For Better Health, Healthy Hair and Skin, Heart Health
Tagged arthritis relief, blood pressure levels, cholesterol, food, health, healthy hair, healthy skin, heart health, pure, red palm oil, sacred food, unrefined
Arthritis is often a catchall term that includes Rheumatism (inflammation or pain in muscles, joints or fibrous tissue), Bursitis (inflammation of shoulder, elbow or knee-joint) and Gout (joint inflammation caused by excess of uric acid in the blood). No matter what it is called, everyone agrees on two things – the pain…, and that all these conditions involve inflammation of connective tissue of one or more joints.
One recipe for relief has been around for a long time: The Gin-Soaked Raisin Remedy. Not to worry – researchers at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, in affiliation with the Research Triangle Institute have tested the remedy for alcohol content. The result: Less than one drop of alcohol was left in nine raisins. So when people who take the raisins are feeling no pain, it’s not because they are drunk, it’s because the remedy works.
The Gin-Soaked Raisin Remedy
(Do not give the gin-soaked raisins to children or women who are pregnant or nursing)
1 lb Golden Raisins
Gin (about 1 pint)
Glass Bowl (Pyrex is good, Crystal is bad)
Glass Jar with Lid
Spread the golden raisins evenly on the bottom of the glass bowl and pour enough gin over the raisins to completely cover them. Let them stay that way until all the gin is absorbed by the raisins. It may take 5 to 7 days, depending on the humidity in your area (You may want to lightly cover the bowl with a paper towel so that insects or dust don’t drop in). You should take a spoon and stir the mixture occasionally, to make sure all the raisins get their fair share of the gin.
As soon as all the gin has been absorbed, transfer the raisins to the jar, close it tight, and keep it closed. Do not refrigerate. Each day, eat 9 (nine) raisins exactly, and only once a day. Most people eat them with breakfast in the morning.
Have patience – give it at least a week to work. Depending on your system it may take longer than a week. Be consistent – 9 raisins every day. It’s inexpensive, easy to do, delicious and definitely worth it.
Also, be sure to check with your health care physician that gin-soaked raisins don’t interfere with medications you may be taking, or present a problem for any health challenge you may have, particularly an iron-overload condition.