With some honey and a fresh garlic bulb you can make Garlic Syrup to relieve bronchitis, sore throat, hoarseness, coughs and lung infections.
You need: 6-8 cloves of fresh garlic, 8 tablespoons of honey, a jar
Peel and chop the fresh garlic. Place the chopped garlic in a jar. Cover it with the honey. Let it stand for several days, and then strain.
The garlic-infused honey can be given by the teaspoonful (1 for children, 4 for adults) to boost the immune system and treat infections.
Tip: Reduce the smell of garlic on the breath by eating an apple, drinking a little fresh lemon juice, or eating fresh parsley.
Garlic is one of the best known and most used medicinal plants. It is not only useful for treating existing complaints; it is also a powerful preventative medicine. It has a strong odor but its properties make it well worth suffering the effects.
Properties: antiseptic, antibiotic, antifungal, cleanses blood, helps create and maintain healthy bacteria in the gut, helps bring down fever, tones the heart and circulatory system, boosts the immune system, may prevent some cancers, treats infections of the stomach and respiratory system, helps prevent heart disease and reduces risk of atherosclerosis, antioxidant, decongestant, stimulant, expectorant, carminative, disinfectant, rejuvenating on all tissues and systems, antispasmodic, lowers cholesterol levels, regulates blood sugar, lowers blood pressure, makes blood thinner and less sticky
- Fresh garlic eaten daily, can reduce chronic acidity of the stomach.
- Eat crushed garlic to boost sexual debility (crush and let rest 5-10 min to let enzymes start working).
- Garlic syrup can treat bronchitis, lung infections, and digestive disorders.
- Fresh garlic juice is antifungal, and can be used to treat infections like athlete’s foot.
- Garlic-infused oil can be used as a chest rub for respiratory and digestive problems, or in the ear to reduce inflammation.
- Chew whole roasted garlic cloves to improve circulation.
- Add several mashed, raw garlic cloves to salads to clean the intestinal tract (excellent combined with red onion).