Rosemary is a well-known herb with its needle-like leaves, and aromatic scent. Most people know and love it in the kitchen, but did you know how valuable it is for healthy hair and scalp? Well, the secret is out. Here is a brief list of this wonderful herb’s uses and benefits to hair and scalp:
- it gently cleanses hair due to the antibacterial quality of Rosemary
- increases shine
- fights premature graying
- stimulates and improves circulation to the scalp encouraging hair growth
- relieves irritated, dry, flaky, dandruff scalps
Rosemary can be used fresh or dried. If you have an abundance of fresh rosemary, you can always dry it and save for later in a tight lid jar.
As simple as a cup of tea and oh so wonderful to use on your hair and scalp as a: cleansing rinse, treatment to increase shine, prevent those premature gray hairs, treat dandruff and scalp irritation.
Simply boil water, remove from heat and add your rosemary to the water. Allow
to steep for 15-30mins, then sift out the leaves. What’s left is wonderfully infused rosemary water. Use externally on your hair and scalp. DO NOT RINSE OUT! As you rinse your hair and scalp, treat yourself to an invigorating scalp massage.
It’s going to be a good hair day.
Get a 0.5 oz sample of Organic Rosemary for only $1.98 Free Shipping.
Ready to update your look? Chemical dyes open the hair shaft, and can damage the hair, causing dryness, frizz and breakage. Dying your hair naturally eliminates the need for chemical processing at a fraction of the cost. Brewed tea enhances hair color and protects from damage, while gently brightening hair and hiding greys. Red tea, commonly called rooibos, is ideal for those with red or light brown hair when applied as a rinse.
- Fill about 6 to 8 ounces of water for each teabag you intend to use in a large pot. 2-3 tea bags for short to medium length hair, for longer hair, you will need more water and extra teabags. Bring the water to a boil. Add the tea bags to the pot and cover. The more teabags, the stronger the brew. Let the tea steep until the water is room temperature.
- Put an old towel around your shoulders and secure under your neck to protect your skin and clothes from the tea. Tip your head over a tub or sink, and pour the tea over your hair, beginning at the roots. Massage the tea into your hair, the same as shampoo is applied. Leave the tea on for a minimum of three to 10 minutes and a maximum of 30 minutes. The effect of the tea is more intense the longer it stays on. Rinse hair thoroughly and apply a conditioner. Rinse hair again and style as usual.
Applying the red tea rinse in great frequency and lengths of time will increase the effect. Use with caution as to avoid brassiness.
If you like those sun-kissed highlights, but the salon price kept you from getting them: Try a chamomile hair rinse. Why spend a lot of money at the hair salon to highlight your hair when natural products and the sun can do it for you. Is your hair blonde or light brown, or tends to have light highlights? A chamomile rinse will make the lighter strands pop, giving you those sun-kissed highlights with very little time or money.
- Make a large pot of chamomile tea stronger than you normally would to drink. Steep the chamomile tea until cooled to room temperature and pour into a large bowl.
Shampoo and condition hair. Rinse with warm water and squeeze excess water from hair. Don’t use hot water, it can dry out hair. If you suspect you have product build-up on your hair, rinse it with equal parts vinegar and water before proceeding.
- Saturate hair with cooled chamomile tea, allowing to soak. Keep your hair in the bowl or wrap saturated hair in a towel for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Let your hair dry naturally, in the sun if possible to boost results. This will bring out the natural blonde and golden highlights in your hair.
- For an overall lightening effect, or to get the “dull” out: mix chamomile tea with conditioner and apply to hair, leave on for about 30 minutes like you would when coloring hair with commercial products. Rinse out. Done. Chamomile is gentle to your hair, so you can use it whenever you like.
Get a 0.5 oz sample of Organic Chamomile for only $1.98 Free Shipping.