- About Us
- Arthritis Relief
- Cholesterol Lowering Remedies
- Cold Remedies
- Delicious Recipes
- Easy All Natural Fixes
- For Better Health
- Healthy Hair and Skin
- Heart Health
- Improve Mood Naturally
- Kidney Health
- Liver Detox
- Men's Health
- Moringa Diet – Delicious Recipes
- Pain Relief
- Relief for Night Sweats
- Simple Truths
- Weight Loss
Category Archives: Pain ReliefImage
Try a warm chamomile poultice to help relieve the pain of a sore throat.
Poultice: Mix 1 cup of dried chamomile flowers into 1 or 2 cups of boiling water, steep for 5 minutes, strain. Soak a clean towel or cloth in the tea, wring it out, and apply to the sore throat. Remove when the towel becomes cold. Repeat as often as necessary.
Get a 0.5 oz sample of Organic Chamomile for only $1.98 Free Shipping.
Rosemary is a popular Mediterranean herb used to flavor many soups, sauces, and meat dishes. For centuries, Rosemary has also been used as a remedy for a variety of ailments.
- Cancer Prevention – studies of its efficacy against breast cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer, leukemia, and skin cancer show promising results.
- Improved Memory – research found that rosemary contains carnosic acid that has neuroprotective properties believed to protect against Alzheimer’s disease and normal memory loss that happens with aging. In tests, even the smell of rosemary has been found to improve memory.
- Improved Mood - the same study that found that smelling rosemary improved the memory of test subjects also found that their mood was significantly improved.
- Pain Relief – a popular natural migraine remedy for centuries: boil rosemary in a large pot of water and pour into a bowl, place a towel over your head and lean over the pot to inhale the steam for about 10 minutes. Essential oil of rosemary can be applied topically as a treatment for arthritis, sore muscles, and other joint and muscle pains.
- Anti-Inflammatory – Rosemary contains two potent anti-inflammatories, carnosic acid and carnosol. Studies found that they inhibit an enzyme that causes pain and inflammation in the body, as well as the production of excess nitric oxide, which also plays a role in the inflammatory process.
- Immune Boost – thanks to antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-carcinogenic properties Rosemary can boost not only the immune system but the overall health of the body, and heal in so many ways.
- Antibacterial – studies show Rosemary’s powerful antibacterial properties effective against bacteria that cause stomach ulcers and Staph infections.
- Improve Digestive Health – often used to help treat digestive problems like upset stomach, constipation, indigestion, and much more. Also helps prevent food-borne illnesses when ingested with foods such as meat or eggs.
- Healthy Scalp and Hair- use as hair oil or rinse to stimulate hair growth, improve shine, and get rid of flakes.
- Freshens Breath – can be used as a natural mouthwash: steep fresh rosemary in a pint of heated water, strain and use as a mouth rinse as often as you like. Keep in the fridge, covered.
- Diuretic – can help get rid of bloating and water retention. When used regularly, it may help increase urine flow, kidneys function at optimal levels to get rid of excess water in the body.
- Respiratory Health – the scent of the essential oil may help with congestion due to colds, allergies, respiratory infections, and the flu. Boil fresh rosemary in a pot of water, place it in a bowl, and breathe in the steam to help clear the lungs and throat, relieve sinus or head pain associated with respiratory conditions.
- Detox the Liver – used to treat liver problems for hundreds of years, studies found that rosemary extract reduces cirrhosis, a compound that is toxic to the liver.
- Anti-Aging – a popular ingredient in anti-aging skin creams because it helps reduce puffiness, stimulates cell regeneration, increases firmness, and improves overall skin tone. Rosemary is a natural anti-inflammatory and increases blood flow to the skin.
Precautions: Rosemary is considered safe with no side effects. However, pregnant women should avoid consuming large amounts because it may lead to uterine contractions and miscarriage. Since it may raise blood pressure, people with high blood pressure should not take rosemary.
Get a 0.5 oz sample of Organic Rosemary for only $1.98 Free Shipping.
Instead, find renewed vigor, better over-all health, mental clarity, and a leaner body.
Lemon Balm is part of the mint family and widely grown in Europe, Africa and Asia. It is also known by Dropsy Plant, Honey Plant, Sweet Balm, Sweet Mary and Melissa. A strong lemon mint smell and flavor are characteristic. Lemon balm plants grow up to about 2 feet tall and have pale yellow flowers.
The leaves and the essential oils extracted from the plant can be used. The essential oils are soothing to the skin and nerves around the area where applied. Studies show that lemon balm is one of the herbs most widely used for its medicinal benefits in the United States and elsewhere. The medicinal benefits of lemon balm include a calming effect with anxiety, sleep problems, vomiting, menstrual cramps, headaches, toothaches and mental disorders like melancholia and hysteria. It has traditionally been used to treat bronchial inflammation, earache, fever, flatulence, headaches, high blood pressure, influenza, mood disorders, palpitations, vomiting, and to soothe menstrual cramps and help relieve PMS. Lemon balm is also known to be effective with the herpes simplex virus, sores, painful swellings, and gout when used as a compress. Research suggests that, when used in combination with common sage, lemon balm has a positive effect on improving memory.
The volatile oils in lemon balm are said to contain chemicals that relax muscles, particularly in the bladder, stomach, and uterus, thereby relieving cramps, gas, and nausea. European studies show internal use of Lemon Balm effective for tenseness, restlessness, irritability, and symptomatic treatment of digestive disorders, such as minor spasms.
Topical application of the ointment is likely to be felt almost immediately, while treatment of the nervous system with a good tincture may have to be taken three times a day to be beneficial. Post surgery treatment guidelines warn individuals that combining lemon balm with other forms of medication may cause drowsiness. Any usage of the oil should be stopped at least two weeks in advance of any surgery.
Lemon balm is regularly used as a flavoring in a number of foods and beverages.
Not enough information is available on the impact of lemon balm on breastfeeding or pregnant women. Please consult your physician before use.
Use this safe link to try Lemon Balm Tea Powder – TRY IT NOW!
Sunburn can strike any time of year even the most diligently lotioned sunblock enthusiast. An infusion of black tea and fresh mint makes a tincture that is both fragrant and soothing to a sunburn. The black tea contains tannic acid, a compound that draws heat from the burn and restores the skin’s acid balance. The mint soothes and cools the skin.
Pour four cups of boiling water over two cups of fresh mint leaves and three or four tea bags. Cover, let it stand for 10 minutes. Strain and let it cool. The infusion will keep in a glass jar in the refrigerator for a few weeks. Soak a washcloth or cotton balls with the infusion and pat onto the sunburned skin. If your eyelids got red as well you can apply the cooled wet teabags directly for 10-20 minutes.
For severe sunburn, especially when blisters start forming you should always consult your doctor.
Cayenne contains the fiery compound Capsaicin. Capsaicin deactivates the substance P, a neurotransmitter linked to inflammation in the body. Less inflammation in the body results in less sinus congestion and pressure.
Cayenne also stimulates blood flow, improves circulation, and tones the heart.
Combines well with: Chicken, beans, grilled-cheese sandwiches, creamy soups, popcorn, eggs, shrimp, leafy greens, rise, chocolate, root vegetables.
Get a 1 oz sample of Organic Cayenne for only $1.98 Free Shipping.
Curry is a mixture of several spices. Different countries and regions each have their own special mix of ingredients with turmeric always being the main ingredient. Curcumin is one of the main substances in turmeric that gives the curry mix its yellow color. Extensive scientific research shows that curcumin contains many powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. The curcumin in curry inhibits the production of Prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) in the body, an inflammatory compound that oversensitizes nerves. This can reduce joint and muscle pain as effectively as some prescription medications. In addition curcumin supports colon health, improves cognitive function and helps maintain a healthy cardiovascular system.
Combines well with: chicken, lentils, cauliflower, spinach, rice, mango.
Get a 1 oz sample of Organic Curry for only $1.98 Free Shipping.
Greek research found that adding just 2 teaspoons of fresh Oregano daily during menstruation reduces or eliminates cramps. Oregano contains the natural compounds Thymol and Carvacrol. These compounds relax uterine muscles and prevent painful contractions.
Oregano has many beneficial effects like antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. A new study published in the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology highlights the cancer fighting effects of Carvacrol. Preliminary reports have revealed that the compound is an extremely potent anti-cancer agent.
Combines well with: tomato sauce, mushrooms, summer squash, fish, olives
Get a 1 oz sample of Organic Oregano for only $1.98 Free Shipping.
Mint contains menthol, a natural compound that relaxes painful stomach cramps. German research found that it can reduce stomach discomfort by 40%. The uplifting aroma of a hot cup of mint tea can start to settle an upset stomach even before you drink it. It also calms nausea and helps prevent gas and bloating after a heavy meal.
Mint can also energize the mind and increase concentration.
Combines well with: tomatoes, eggplant, green peas, lamb, couscous, melons, cold and hot beverages
Get a 0.5 oz sample of Organic Mint for only $1.98 Free Shipping.