Rosemary is a popular Mediterranean herb used to flavor many soups, sauces, and meat dishes. For centuries, Rosemary has also been used as a remedy for a variety of ailments.
- Cancer Prevention – studies of its efficacy against breast cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer, leukemia, and skin cancer show promising results.
- Improved Memory - research found that rosemary contains carnosic acid that has neuroprotective properties believed to protect against Alzheimer’s disease and normal memory loss that happens with aging. In tests, even the smell of rosemary has been found to improve memory.
- Improved Mood - the same study that found that smelling rosemary improved the memory of test subjects also found that their mood was significantly improved.
- Pain Relief - a popular natural migraine remedy for centuries: boil rosemary in a large pot of water and pour into a bowl, place a towel over your head and lean over the pot to inhale the steam for about 10 minutes. Essential oil of rosemary can be applied topically as a treatment for arthritis, sore muscles, and other joint and muscle pains.
- Anti-Inflammatory - Rosemary contains two potent anti-inflammatories, carnosic acid and carnosol. Studies found that they inhibit an enzyme that causes pain and inflammation in the body, as well as the production of excess nitric oxide, which also plays a role in the inflammatory process.
- Immune Boost – thanks to antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-carcinogenic properties Rosemary can boost not only the immune system but the overall health of the body, and heal in so many ways.
- Antibacterial – studies show Rosemary’s powerful antibacterial properties effective against bacteria that cause stomach ulcers and Staph infections.
- Improve Digestive Health - often used to help treat digestive problems like upset stomach, constipation, indigestion, and much more. Also helps prevent food-borne illnesses when ingested with foods such as meat or eggs.
- Healthy Scalp and Hair- use as hair oil or rinse to stimulate hair growth, improve shine, and get rid of flakes.
- Freshens Breath - can be used as a natural mouthwash: steep fresh rosemary in a pint of heated water, strain and use as a mouth rinse as often as you like. Keep in the fridge, covered.
- Diuretic - can help get rid of bloating and water retention. When used regularly, it may help increase urine flow, kidneys function at optimal levels to get rid of excess water in the body.
- Respiratory Health - the scent of the essential oil may help with congestion due to colds, allergies, respiratory infections, and the flu. Boil fresh rosemary in a pot of water, place it in a bowl, and breathe in the steam to help clear the lungs and throat, relieve sinus or head pain associated with respiratory conditions.
- Detox the Liver – used to treat liver problems for hundreds of years, studies found that rosemary extract reduces cirrhosis, a compound that is toxic to the liver.
- Anti-Aging - a popular ingredient in anti-aging skin creams because it helps reduce puffiness, stimulates cell regeneration, increases firmness, and improves overall skin tone. Rosemary is a natural anti-inflammatory and increases blood flow to the skin.
Precautions: Rosemary is considered safe with no side effects. However, pregnant women should avoid consuming large amounts because it may lead to uterine contractions and miscarriage. Since it may raise blood pressure, people with high blood pressure should not take rosemary.
Posted in Arthritis Relief, Cold Remedies, For Better Health, Healthy Hair and Skin, Herbs, Improve Mood Naturally, Kidney Health, Liver Detox, Pain Relief
Tagged anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, arthritis relief, bad breath, cancer prevention, cold, cough, detox liver, flu, food, hair, health, improve mood, medicine, memory, migraine remedy, Pain Relief, rosemary, scalp
Celery is a valuable food for those who are prone to stone formation in the gall bladder or kidneys. Regular use prevents stone formation.
You need: 2 tablespoons of celery seeds, 1 pint ( 500 ml) of brandy
Steep the bruised celery seeds in the brandy.
Take 1 tablespoon of the infused brandy, mixed with 2 tablespoons of water, three times daily. (For adult use only)