Turmeric has been used in recipes and as Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years. It has both anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties, and therefore offers many health benefits. It can be used to relieve swelling and pain due to headaches and small wounds and has been called ‘natural aspirin’ in Ayurvedic medicine. When applied to small cuts and wounds, its anti-bacterial properties can stem blood flow by aiding with blood clotting, preventing infections and healing wounds. Combined with milk, turmeric is used as a drink, lotion or even a face mask.
Turmeric Milk is very soothing and has many potential health benefits:
- bone health and arthritis relief, Turmeric is known to help people suffering from joint pains.
- anti-oxidants, Turmeric milk helps fights free radicals that damage skin. In addition to drinking it, Turmeric milk face masks can improve skin’s glow and elasticity.
- relieves cough, sore throat and cold. (I find turmeric milk tastes better than any other medication for this, and I have noticed that the recurrence of cold & cough has decreased.) Use almond or other types of milk when treating cough or cold, as regular milk can increase mucus in the body.)
- treats diarrhea and indigestion. Use low-fat milk for this, because high fat milk can aggravate diarrhea.
- makes a soothing mask or lotion to reduce redness of skin or patches.
- works as a great general body detox. Taking it daily can help in blood purification and liver detox. A healthy liver is so important to avoid sever health problems.
- is said to slow progress of Alzheimer’s disease and lower risk of various types of cancer
Turmeric Milk does so much good and is very easy to make:
First, you can easily substitute regular milk for almond milk, or any other type of your choice. (I regularly use almond or soy milk. Lactose intolerance need not stand in your way of enjoying the goodness of Turmeric Milk.)
Heat 8 oz of milk to almost boiling (do not boil the milk). Add 1 teaspoon of powdered turmeric, stir, let it cool a little, and enjoy. I always add a spoonful of honey for my sweet-tooth. So good.
If you prefer to use turmeric root instead of powder: heat a 1/2 to 1 inch piece of turmeric in 8 oz of milk for about 15 minutes to almost boiling. Strain out the turmeric, let it cool a little, and enjoy.
To change things up, few peppercorns can be added along with ginger, especially when treating cold. Peppercorns are said to improve absorption of turmeric by the body.
For Turmeric Face Mask or Wash: take ¼ cup of whole milk and add ½ teaspoon ground turmeric. Soak a clean wash-cloth in the mixture and apply to affected skin. Leave on for 10 minutes before washing off.
Pregnant women should not to use turmeric unless cleared by their physician. Normally turmeric in food is safe. It is, however, like ginger, a natural blood thinner, those who require surgery must stop taking any form of turmeric – food or supplements a couple of weeks before surgery. Also, it can react with diabetic medication and medication taken to reduce stomach acid. Please speak to your physician.
Get a 0.5 oz sample for only $1.98 Free Shipping.
Posted in Arthritis Relief, Cancer, Cold Remedies, Easy All Natural Fixes, For Better Health, Healthy Hair and Skin, Liver Detox, Simple Truths
Tagged anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, arthritis relief, bone health, cold remedies, diarrhea, healthy skin, liver detox, turmeric
Get a 0.5 oz sample of Moringa Leaf Powder for only $3.98 Free Shipping.
Moringa Oleifera is an incredible energy boosting, nutrient dense, weight loss and antioxidant superfood.
It has all essential amino acids, beneficial fats and omega oils, rich amounts of calcium, iron and many other vital minerals, as well as a wide variety and copious amounts of vitamins, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory substances but very few calories to it.
To get your own fast growing Moringa Oleifera tree just highlight and right-click this safe link: http://bit.ly/1n2O4wc
Posted in Arthritis Relief, Cholesterol Lowering Remedies, Cold Remedies, Easy All Natural Fixes, For Better Health, Healthy Hair and Skin, Heart Health, Improve Mood Naturally, Liver Detox, Men's Health, Weight Loss
Tagged antioxidants, essential amino acids, incredible energy, moringa, nutrient dense, vitamins and minerals, weight loss
Rosemary is a popular Mediterranean herb used to flavor many soups, sauces, and meat dishes. For centuries, Rosemary has also been used as a remedy for a variety of ailments.
- Cancer Prevention – studies of its efficacy against breast cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer, leukemia, and skin cancer show promising results.
- Improved Memory – research found that rosemary contains carnosic acid that has neuroprotective properties believed to protect against Alzheimer’s disease and normal memory loss that happens with aging. In tests, even the smell of rosemary has been found to improve memory.
- Improved Mood – the same study that found that smelling rosemary improved the memory of test subjects also found that their mood was significantly improved.
- Pain Relief – a popular natural migraine remedy for centuries: boil rosemary in a large pot of water and pour into a bowl, place a towel over your head and lean over the pot to inhale the steam for about 10 minutes. Essential oil of rosemary can be applied topically as a treatment for arthritis, sore muscles, and other joint and muscle pains.
- Anti-Inflammatory – Rosemary contains two potent anti-inflammatories, carnosic acid and carnosol. Studies found that they inhibit an enzyme that causes pain and inflammation in the body, as well as the production of excess nitric oxide, which also plays a role in the inflammatory process.
- Immune Boost – thanks to antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-carcinogenic properties Rosemary can boost not only the immune system but the overall health of the body, and heal in so many ways.
- Antibacterial – studies show Rosemary’s powerful antibacterial properties effective against bacteria that cause stomach ulcers and Staph infections.
- Improve Digestive Health – often used to help treat digestive problems like upset stomach, constipation, indigestion, and much more. Also helps prevent food-borne illnesses when ingested with foods such as meat or eggs.
- Healthy Scalp and Hair– use as hair oil or rinse to stimulate hair growth, improve shine, and get rid of flakes.
- Freshens Breath – can be used as a natural mouthwash: steep fresh rosemary in a pint of heated water, strain and use as a mouth rinse as often as you like. Keep in the fridge, covered.
- Diuretic – can help get rid of bloating and water retention. When used regularly, it may help increase urine flow, kidneys function at optimal levels to get rid of excess water in the body.
- Respiratory Health – the scent of the essential oil may help with congestion due to colds, allergies, respiratory infections, and the flu. Boil fresh rosemary in a pot of water, place it in a bowl, and breathe in the steam to help clear the lungs and throat, relieve sinus or head pain associated with respiratory conditions.
- Detox the Liver – used to treat liver problems for hundreds of years, studies found that rosemary extract reduces cirrhosis, a compound that is toxic to the liver.
- Anti-Aging – a popular ingredient in anti-aging skin creams because it helps reduce puffiness, stimulates cell regeneration, increases firmness, and improves overall skin tone. Rosemary is a natural anti-inflammatory and increases blood flow to the skin.
Precautions: Rosemary is considered safe with no side effects. However, pregnant women should avoid consuming large amounts because it may lead to uterine contractions and miscarriage. Since it may raise blood pressure, people with high blood pressure should not take rosemary.
Get a 0.5 oz sample of Organic Rosemary for only $1.98 Free Shipping.
Posted in Arthritis Relief, Cold Remedies, For Better Health, Healthy Hair and Skin, Herbs, Improve Mood Naturally, Kidney Health, Liver Detox, Pain Relief
Tagged anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, arthritis relief, bad breath, cancer prevention, cold, cough, detox liver, flu, food, hair, health, improve mood, medicine, memory, migraine remedy, Pain Relief, rosemary, scalp
Red palm oil has been used for over 5000 years, for nutritional as well as medicinal purposes. In Egypt, red palm oil was revered and considered a sacred food. It is rich in vitamins, antioxidants and phytonutrients that are essential for good health. Its dark red color comes from of a compound called carotene that also gives carrots and tomatoes their color.
This is how red palm oil can help with your overall health, skin and hair:
1. Carotenes, powerful antioxidants, are converted into vitamin A by the body, for eye health, strong bones, immunity, prevention of Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, macular degeneration, arthritis, cataract, osteoporosis, liver disease, and asthma.
2. High in vitamin E. Eliminates free radicals from the body, a cause for several diseases including various cancers. Overnight face mask helps keep skin fresh and younger looking. Can give relief from psoriasis and eczema. Conditions dry hair, helps prevent hair loss
3. Red palm oil retains its nutrients when heated and is therefore popular as cooking oil.
4. Can remove plaque in arteries, bring down cholesterol levels, and stabilize blood pressure levels.
A tablespoon a day helps to keep your problems away.
Here is a safe link to 100% pure unrefined Red Palm Oil – TRY IT NOW!
Posted in Arthritis Relief, Cholesterol Lowering Remedies, For Better Health, Healthy Hair and Skin, Heart Health
Tagged arthritis relief, blood pressure levels, cholesterol, food, health, healthy hair, healthy skin, heart health, pure, red palm oil, sacred food, unrefined
Cayenne contains the fiery compound Capsaicin. Capsaicin deactivates the substance P, a neurotransmitter linked to inflammation in the body. Less inflammation in the body results in less sinus congestion and pressure.
Cayenne also stimulates blood flow, improves circulation, and tones the heart.
Combines well with: Chicken, beans, grilled-cheese sandwiches, creamy soups, popcorn, eggs, shrimp, leafy greens, rise, chocolate, root vegetables.
Get a 1 oz sample of Organic Cayenne for only $1.98 Free Shipping.
Posted in Arthritis Relief, Cold Remedies, For Better Health, Heart Health, Pain Relief
Tagged blood pressure, capsaicin, cayenne, congestion, food, grilled cheese sandwiches, heart health, sinus pressure, vegetarian
Basil contains Eugenol and Rosemarinic Acid that boost the production of Dopamine and Seratonin in the brain. Research suggests that sunnier moods follow after only three days of use.
Basil also contains anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. It can be an important remedy to relieve symptoms of inflammatory health problems like rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, and inflammatory bowel conditions.
Combines well with: tomatoes, olives, fresh mozzarella, feta cheese, pizza, pasta, white fish, strawberries, melon
Get a 1 oz sample of Organic Basil for only $1.98 Free Shipping.
Posted in Arthritis Relief, For Better Health, Heart Health, Improve Mood Naturally
Tagged anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, arthritis, basil, bowel conditions, cheese pizza, dinner, food, mood booster, osteoarthritis, pizza pasta, seratonin, white fish
Curry is a mixture of several spices. Different countries and regions each have their own special mix of ingredients with turmeric always being the main ingredient. Curcumin is one of the main substances in turmeric that gives the curry mix its yellow color. Extensive scientific research shows that curcumin contains many powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. The curcumin in curry inhibits the production of Prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) in the body, an inflammatory compound that oversensitizes nerves. This can reduce joint and muscle pain as effectively as some prescription medications. In addition curcumin supports colon health, improves cognitive function and helps maintain a healthy cardiovascular system.
Combines well with: chicken, lentils, cauliflower, spinach, rice, mango.
Get a 1 oz sample of Organic Curry for only $1.98 Free Shipping.
Posted in Arthritis Relief, For Better Health, Heart Health, Pain Relief
Tagged Alzheimer's, arthritis, colon health, curcumin, curry, food, health, healthy cardiovascular system, Pain Relief, prostaglandin e2, turmeric, vegetarian